Saturday, January 29, 2011

[Sketch #26 - Horse and I]


I initially started this drawing for two reasons. 1. I was inspired by a Bat for Lashes song titled "Horse and I" and 2. I miss Wonder. A few months ago I gave up my Buscha to a good home because I was no longer around to give him the love and affection he needed and because he was simply too costly to keep. I got impatient and posted it early, though I am currently noodling in a background. I thought this post would be about horses, my experiences with them and what not, but I've changed tracks in my head again. Now, I'm focused on the fact that I'm poor, so soon, you should see my art reflecting that I need to make money, quickly and by any means necessary. Of course, this will be anything and everything short of prostitution and kidnapping.

Mostly I mean I am designing logos, stickers, and buttons in the hopes I can pay off some debt. And currently I'm feeling inspired, listening to poor Irishmen sing about how they don't give a fock.

So, more to come!

"The smell of redwood giants
A banquet for the shadows
Horse and I, we're dancers in the dark." -Bat for Lashes (Horse and I)

3 comments:

  1. This is a great drawing! Kind of an unexpected composition. You always do such a great job with the clothing and details that go into the clothing, saddle, etc. I am always lost on what to make the clothing look like. Probably why I kind of avoid it by doing busts when I am just sketching. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaime! Lol, you avoid clothing the same way I avoid backgrounds Jaime. I think I have the one for this just about sorted... or started anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome! I should start looking at clothing references and just draw those to get some ideas in my head. Good luck on your background! :)

    ReplyDelete