Sunday, January 16, 2011

[Sketch #23 - Fort Pulaski]


Today I went out to Fort Pulaski for the first time. It was a really beautiful day, and a bit warmer than it has been. Also, this weekend was free due to MLK Jr. Day, which was an awesome incentive for me to finally go check out this piece of architectural history. Without a doubt, this fort is going to pop up in Devour Them. It was an awesome experience to be able to walk the grounds, the tunnels outside them and the miles of hiking trails. Next time I go I'll have to take more pictures for reference and I'm totally bringing Maggie. The whole damn place is dog friendly!


I took more pictures of course, but none of them really did justice. Got some interesting landscape shots though, and some cool photos of driftwood on the edge of the marsh by the sea. Damn, this place is beautiful.





Might make some prints of the last one. We'll see. More to come.

"And winter, love holds
crown, crown, crown your brothers
winter, love snows
crown, crown, crown your mountains
winter, love holds"-Mariee Sioux (Wizzard Flurry Home)

2 comments:

  1. Love these -want oa copy of this last one

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fort looks really cool! I do love the last photo as well!

    ReplyDelete