Saturday, January 22, 2011

[Sketch #24 - 21]



[edit-fixed some things color-wise]

BEHOLD, THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME!! So because I have spent the past two weeks reliving Seasons 1-4 of the Venture Brothers, I've decided to work on some little character stickers in Illustrator. I've been sketching everyone while watching and then scanning my little drawings in to work over them. It is... quite satisfying. I think I'm going to do this for a few other shows as well. Focus on VB for now though. First up, 21 and Dr. Girlfriend.




It's been a while since I've actually tried to illustrate something in Illustrator. Hopefully I'll remember more of the program as I go along. More to come~

"Sickness was fixing me some
Coughed out my heart in the last stall
Now that the damage is done
I never miss it at all." -Metric (Empty)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! What made you decide to make stickers? When you don't stick with Illustrator all the time, it is hard to remember all of the bells and whistles it can do! Can't wait to see the other characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I ever decide to do the comic/anime convention booth thing stickers would be a fun, quick, cheap thing to manufacture. :)

    Luckily it wasn't too long ago that I took several classes in Illustrator. The more complicated things will come back slower, I'm sure, but I'm going to experiment more with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you planning on doing a booth a while back? I can't remember if you actually did it or if it was someone else you knew. Have you ever checked out gotprint.com? They are an online printer we use at work for business cards, bookmarks, brochures, etc. because they are really cheap and they do beautiful work! I think they have stickers, but they make a ton of different things that would be good for a booth.

    ReplyDelete