Saturday, February 5, 2011

[Sketch #27 - Form and Functionality]



So, a little taste of the things I've been working on. Did little thumbnails for these two earlier this week, finally sat down and cranked them out today. Pen and ink on hot press 140# Arches, I might do some watercolor washes over top of them. Working on a series of these. I won't say any more than that to hopefully avoid jinxing it. I tend to plan to work on things, say I will, then not do it. But I'm officially destitute ^^! If there's a way to make money doing drawing, especially, I'll take it!

Animal skulls are so interesting. Can anyone guess what these two are of? The bottom one is fairly obvious, but the first one is, I hope, a little more obscure. My day off is quickly coming to a close, but there is more work to do. And so far, it's fun.

More to come.

"You tried to trick me,
You've gotta lot of nerve."
"I'm not trying to trick you,
I'm -trust me- I'm -trust me- I'm trying to help." -Aesop Rock (chorus from "None Shall Pass")

3 comments:

  1. Is the top on a crocodile? The bottom one is a horse, right? :) You did a fabulous job, chica! Maybe you should hold off on the wash for now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh, everyone's first guess is Crocodile. It's actually a killer whale skull. But you're spot on for horse :3. I think I might do a transfer and try a wash out on that first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killer whale, eh? Yeah, I would have never guessed that AT ALL. Ha! I think the transfer would be safest. Then you won't feel tight about trying to make it look right the first time around.

    ReplyDelete