Monday, July 4, 2011

[Sketch #32 - GEORGIA!]

It will be a year in AUGUST! Holy Hell. The time does fly... and yet it didn't feel fully official until my parents signed over the title to Skids and I fitted him with Georgia tags. Now, I'm totally ligit when I shake my fist at the tourists who stop in the middle of the street to snap pictures of horse drawn carriages and "haunted" hotels. Bastards. :D



In celebration, SOME MORE GEORGIA NON-NATIVES/NOMADS!


It has been so, so, so long since I have drawn something as quick as I did this picture (which is still, sad to say, incredibly slow) and been thrilled with it despite its many flaws. I know Ryan's torso is too short and Clarity's face is a little lopsided... but this has been the most fun drawing I've had in freakin' months. And you've got to admit, they're ADORABLE! :3 Left to right, Jacqueline, Clarity, and Ryan. The three amigas who fight the things that go bump in the night down in the dirty south. LoVE.

And one more Georgia girl for good measure...




Smile. Because you know you're not going to see anything cuter than this face today.


"And if you feel just like a tourist in the city you were born
Then it's time to go
And define your destination
There's so many different places to call home
Because when you find yourself the villain in the story you have written
It's plain to see
That sometimes the best intentions are in need of redemption
Would you agree?
If so please show me." -Death Cab for Cutie (You Are a Tourist)

2 comments:

  1. I like that you still call your car 'Skids' ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one and only. That imposter in the second Transformers movie was NOT SKIDS! Skids was originally, and will always be, a blue honda. :3

    ReplyDelete