Sunday, March 21, 2010

[Sketch #13 - Poseidon Progress]


It's been a while since I've posted (again) and I figured the perfect come back piece would be to post the progress of the painting I was working on last time. I've decided to go ahead with my plans to make it into a series about the Greek Gods, reversing their genders. This is going to be Poseidon. It's still not really close to being finished, but working on it has been relaxing and insightful. I think this picture is much better than the last one, but I do really want to get a larger scanner for these things...

Work is starting to pick up, which is a double-edged sword. I won't be able to work on art as much as people start opening their pools for the season, but maybe I can start making some nice commission sales. Need to get a paypal account and start submitting to 99designs as well. Hopefully, I can get my ass in gear soon. I've been writing more and drawing less for Devour Them, and I want to switch that trend. Also if you couldn't tell, my thoughts are wandering pretty much beyond the point of cohesion lately ._. So forgive me for the rambling.

Been watching a lot of Dexter. Expect to see the impact it's having on me in my work. I already have a piece in mind. Should be interesting.

More to come.

"You say I'm foolish
For pushing this aside
But burn down our home
I won't leave alive."
-The XX (Crystallized)

No comments:

Post a Comment