Tuesday, January 12, 2010

[Sketch #9 - Ink]


I quite literally just did this sketch about fifteen minutes ago, but I felt I had to put it up. Earlier tonight, I watched an independent film released last year called "Ink". I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I came across the movie while randomly browsing through netflix and decided to give it a shot. The story was creative and interesting and the characters were all very unique. Jacob (the sketch above doesn't do his coolness justice) is a Pathfinder who helps a group of dream-giving Storytellers find a way to save a little girl's soul from an eternity of nightmares. He's loud, he doesn't make sense half the time, and yet, he's a freakin' genius. I also really want to sketch Allel, who was equally bad ass. The bad guys (Incubi) were efficiently creepy, the fights were fun to watch, and the cinematography of the film was just pretty in general. So if you haven't seen it, I encourage you to. I'm listening to the soundtrack right now.

I've decided to try a few new things with the blog including changing layout colors and whatnot.
Next post should again be devoted to Devour Them, which I still slave over on a daily basis. However, I'm going to try to completely randomize my postings as I really want to get my Portfolio revamped. I started applying for jobs down Savannah way and I want to have all my ducks in a row... as it were. ;x

More to come.


"There's a darkness upon me that's flooded in light
In the fine print they tell me what's wrong and what's right
And it comes in black and it comes in white
And I'm frightened by those who don't see it..."
-The Avett Brothers (Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise)

No comments:

Post a Comment