Friday, January 15, 2010

[Sketch #10 - The Woman with the Skull]



Okay, I lied about the next post being Devour Them related. This is a sketch I'm working on for my deviant ID (Also Dangerous-Roots for those curious, although there's nothing posted there... yet). It's still a work in progress but I'm pretty happy with how it's going so far. I'm contemplating doing this one in watercolor. I hesitate calling this a self-portrait as it doesn't really look anything like me, other than the fact my hair is getting ridiculously long, and is now about halfway back to my natural auburn instead of black. For those not aware, I'm in love with the TV series, Bones, and recently when I'm not working on comic stuff I draw a lot of skeletal things. The bird skull two posts ago was a great blue heron. A friend of mine renovating a house downtown also found two large mammal skeletons (probably raccoon or opossum) in her attic I should be receiving soon. It's healthy to be excited about that, right?

More to come.

"I've crossed the last line
From where I can't return
Where ever step I took in faith,
Betrayed me."
-Sarah McLachlan (Sweet Surrender)

No comments:

Post a Comment